Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sixers rookie Michael Carter-Williams feels better, hopes "to go" against Toronto

(AP)


76ers rookie Michael Carter-Williams said the bruise on the arch of his left foot has improved and said he’s healthy enough to play Wednesday against visiting Toronto, though he’s awaiting official word on whether he will play.

Carter-Williams was a full participant at the Sixers’ morning shootaround at PCOM. He was out of a walking boot and wearing high-top sneakers to get more support for his injured foot, which kept him from the Sixers’ last four games.

“I feel good. Hopefully I get to go,” Carter-Williams said, “(but) I’m still not sure. I told Coach (Brett Brown) and I told the trainer (Kevin Johnson) that my foot feels good and I’m ready to go.”

Carter-Williams said there isn’t one individual person who makes the decision on whether he will play. He said “it’s a combined (decision” and that his only responsibility is to tell Brown and the appropriate people whether he’s physically able to play.

The rookie point guard, who is averaging 17.4 points and 7.6 assists through eight games, said his body was “beat up” and that the respite allowed him to recover. He added that sitting next to the Sixers’ assistant coaches during games, a recommendation of Brown’s, allowed him to learn more about the game while it’s going on.

“I see a lot from the bench,” Carter-Williams said. “I was able to sit and watch the game. I gained a lot of things. Coach wanted me to sit up with the coaches. I was able to hear them talking and hear and see what they saw, so when I go out there I can apply it.”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home