Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Friday, November 15, 2013

Turner, Hawes, Young on All-Star ballot

(AP)


Three 76ers made the NBA All-Star Game ballot, which was released Friday.

Evan Turner (backcourt) and Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes (frontcourt) represent the Sixers on the Eastern Conference ballot. Rookie point guard Michael Carter-Williams did not make the cut.

Though it’s early in the season – nine games in, with Friday’s in Atlanta representing the 10th – Turner stands the best chance of any of the Sixers to make the All-Star team. The fourth-year swingman, who’s never made the All-Star Game, is having a career year with averages of 23.0 points and 6.5 rebounds on 49-percent shooting.

Earlier this week, Turner said he has not been consumed with thoughts pertaining to the All-Star Game.

“Whether I make it or not, situations like this give me confidence,” Turner said. “You know when you know, you know? Whether I make it, I am how good I can be, like I’ve been saying. I’m just going to let it all play out.”

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home