Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Friday, October 25, 2013

Sixers' Evan Turner, on his future: 'I'll be somewhere next year. ... I'm going to get money regardless'

(AP)


Amid the highs and lows of his NBA career, Evan Turner has always been one to have fun. Count Friday’s practice among those fun moments for him.

Wearing a white jersey with green trim, Turner said he had to swap out his usual practice threads – the ones that comply with the Sixers’ color scheme – because of a hit from Hollis Thompson.

“I got hacked,” Turner said. “If I die, his fingerprints will be all over it. … I’m bleeding from somewhere. I got hit. I felt blood. I didn’t cry.”

Having fun isn’t enough to keep Turner from thinking about his future, which may or may not be with the 76ers. Turner, the fourth-year forward, is slated to make $6.7 million in the final year of his contract.

“It doesn’t really bother me. I take it one day at a time,” he said. “Like I’ve said, I’ll be somewhere next year. All of that other stuff doesn’t really bother me. … I’ll be fine. I’ll play hard and I’m going to get money regardless. I don’t worry about that.”

You’d like to think Turner’s focus is on this season, but he seemed to indicate that he doesn’t think he’ll be here all season,.

“I’m not a GM. It’s a new system. I really don’t know,” he said. “That’s a year or so away. A few months away. I don’t know.”

What do you think: Does Turner finish the season with the 76ers? Get traded at the deadline? Re-sign with them next season?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home