Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Friday, April 12, 2013

Doug Collins: "The focus is not me"

(Associated Press)
WASHINGTON -- Doug Collins isn't interested in talking about himself.

Don't believe it? Keep reading.

In a presser with reporters outside the 76ers' locker room, prior to gametime against the Wizards, Collins spent 83 seconds saying a whole bunch of nothing regarding a report in Thursday's Philadelphia Inquirer -- that the Sixers' brass would prefer it if Collins stepped down after the season.

Collins didn't address specific. Here's what he had to say:


Supported by organization?
“Absolutely. I'm going to talk about the NBA. I'm going to talk about Washington. Let's move forward to the basketball game.”

Before next question got asked...
“Let's move forward to the basketball game. We have four more games to play. I've told you all along I am not the topic of conversation. We're going to focus in on the games and we're going to play those. We'll sit down at the end of the season, as we've always done. I have a good relationship with Josh Harris, and we will discuss what we need to do next year.”

As next question was getting asked...
“I told you – let's talk about the basketball game. You drove a long way here for that.”

Reporter says, 'It was actually the train.'
“Guys, you're not going to trick me. C'mon, let's go. Let's go. What do you want to talk about?”

Reporter says, 'You don't want to talk about it.'
“I want to talk about the basketball game. That's the focus. The focus is not me.”

Before reporter asks basketball-related question, he says, 'I wanted to let the underbrush to clear.'
“There's no underbrush. To me, there's overbrush. Not under.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home